Lucid Sight, Inc.
CSC | Space MMO review
3 GB available space
CSC | Space MMO Review
CSC | Space MMO is an application developed by Lucid Sight, Inc.. CSC | Space MMO was first published on . CSC | Space MMO is currently available for Steam, Other.
CSC is an open-universe, sandbox-style space MMO with a player-owned economy. Command starships and earn digital items to buy, sell, or trade without limits both inside and outside of the game universe. Experience a free-market Play-to-Own Economy that provides true ownership & freedom.
NOTICE TO ALL MAINLAND CHINA USERS: We are aware of issues with users in Mainland China not being able to connect to the CSC servers located in the US. CSC servers are not compatible in China at this time. Thank you for your patience!
The Current Game StateCSC is a game in development while in Beta with core game features implemented. As a starship Commander you can command your ship, explore 40+ star systems, mine for resources that can be used in manufacturing/workshop, combat NPCs for loot and resources, and play along with other Commanders on our LIVE MMO server. Check out our roadmap below for current & future gameplay details.
ATTENTION PLAYERS: CSC IS IN DEVELOPMENT WHILE IN BETACSC is a game that has been in development for over two years and is going through consistent iterations and updates. THE GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT and while it contains CORE features, bugs and other issues may exist. Currently, we are on version 1.0 of our development cycle. This version includes several core features (listed below), but with many items in our full game description (below) are features that are pending. See below for a tentative roadmap and current features.
CURRENT LIVE VERSION - 1.0
- M.E.A - Mining Expedition Alpha, a 2D mini-game where early Commanders set their ships to autonomously explore and collect resources for future use. (Ended in 2018)
- Pre-Alpha - Testing client for game mechanics, community events to test stability / find exploits, limited multiplayer support, limited modules (15), limited ships (12) and some NPCs.
- 0.5 - MMO Servers, simple NPC spawns, mining with persistent ore (players keep ore they mine for future use), No permadeath or equipment loss, 30 playable ships, 500+ equipment modules, 10+ star systems to explore, community in-game events, Star Trek ships coming Aug 29th.
- 0.6 - Refining Game Mechanic: Users will be able to take their ore and refine it into crafting components. NPC updates and first iteration mission system.
- 0.7 - In-game Trading / Marketplace: Players will be able to buy and sell items via in-game UI for game currencies. Global mail and item trading system will be implemented. Tracking and stats API will be available for all users to track in-game economic activity.
- 0.8 - Crafting: First iteration of crafting items. Users will utilize refined components to build ships, modules, and other equipment. When crafting users will be able to discover HIGHER tech levels of items creating more powerful equipment.
- 0.9 - Guild Management, Ships Insurance / Persistence, Crafting Update: UI to support station and guild management will be implemented. Friends list, friendly fire avoidance, fleet grouping, and other social features will be implemented. Persistence will come online with insurance system in a limited fashion for testing. Crafting will get an update (Additional buffs can be added to current tech level items).
- 1.0 - Full Persistence: Game will utilize full persistence rules and true loss is now possible.
- 1.1 - Workers / Colonist Game Mechanic, Fleet Control: Limit fleet command will be introduced via modules & workers. Advanced missions requiring work-over-time utilizing Workers and Colonist will be implemented. Advanced research and mining systems will be deployed to use workers and colonists.
Universe of OpportunitiesAs a Commander in the Galactic Federation Fleet, you will undertake missions, discover resources, and acquire skills in your quest to dominate the galactic frontier. Explore the vast expanse but be warned, the further you travel from home the greater the danger.
Your journey begins as an adventurous miner hunting rare resources in the depths of Fringe Space. Become a master crafter of high-tech modules, equipment, starships, or even a fully player-owned station. Perhaps you'll focus your attention on supporting the growth of the Galactic Federation by transporting consumer goods, resources, colonists, and workers to new outposts, earning valuable credit. Or you could armor and equip your starship to hunt for pirates and other treasures in dangerous and unsettled space. Keen on building a business empire? Then dominate the markets by buying, selling, and trading valuable goods from around the cosmos. The choice is yours... What destiny will you choose?
StarshipsIn CSC you, our Commander, can own and operate your very own starships. Starships come in all shapes and sizes and are specialized in either mining, combat, trade, or exploration. Starships in CSC can be endlessly customized with modules. Modules can add or upgrade existing ship functionality from shields and weapons to FTL drives.
EconomyAlmost everything in the CSC universe can be crafted from resources openly available in the universe. The smallest shield module up to a universe-wide jump gate network can all be made with the right materials. Create new technology and share it freely for the good of the federation or sell it for the right price.
The crafting system is uncapped, allowing players to continually improve on the quality of their crafted items. Specialization is encouraged by the CSC crafting mechanic, rewarding players for focusing on specific items & allowing them to create truly unique and valuable starship weapons or other components.